Okay- it has been a pretty interesting week.
Yesterday, I was working at a place where I had to wear black shoes-- but lo and behold- I don't have a pair of black shoes on me. So I knocked on my friend's door- she lives across from me, to see if i could borrow her shoes. She wears a size 8.5 and has a pair that's size 9. Mind you, I'm a size six. So since I didn't want to get in trouble at work again ( I accidently missed an entire shift- coz I got AM mixed up with PM), I borrowed her shoes.
I rocked up at work, and NO ONE was wearing black shoes! I couldn't believe it. I had to wake up my poor friend just to hassle her for her shoes- and it was pointless.
I was amused by it none the less.
I was helping out last night at a consession stand inside the football stadium. It was a huge event yesterday. Nebraska (ranked 9) vs Penn State (25). I thought Nebraska was going to win. And so did most ppl. But we kicked butt-- 40 to 7. The staduim was packed! Not a single seat to spare. All the Penn Staters- in Blue and White, and about 10% were Nebraska fans-- from Nebraska! They travelled all this way to support their team. Nebraska is a good 3 days drive to here. People all over Pennsylvania anc some from Maryland, New York etc come too. They arrive in their campervans or small buses.
Oh- the reason for the consession stand-- I was helping out the Asian American Christian Fellowship group. We volunteer to sell food/ drinks and get about 10% of the profits- for the organisation. I think we get like US$700 each game. Something like that. Not sure. It was a long day!! 5:00pm - 12:15am. And I had worked 4 hours earlier today! So tired.
Fact: Pennsylvania- country side has the highest concentration of Ku Klux Klan members in Eastern USA. Scary!
Checked out Swing dancing- an no offence- but guys have bad co-ordination when it comes to dancing. hehe. Some, not all.
I have 2 exams next week- not good. Have to go back to study now!
Room mate is never in on weekends. She goes home all the time! (to see her fiance)
Which is a good and bad thing. Good- I have room all to myself. Bad- well... I'm all alone... =(
hehe. it's all cool.
Oh- they love their pizza here. Man- that's all they eat! And pizza's here.. come in only 6 basic flavours-- Supreme, Plain Cheese, Pepperoni and cheese, and Vegetarian and Meatlover, Hawaain (rare).
No chicken! How can one survive?
I keep thinking of GPK and it's Katmandu or New Orleans. Yumm...
Alright- have to study for silly exams!
bye
Pei Li

<< Home